Saturday, March 18, 2017

DIY Baby Sandals


In a lot of my looks for MOM, I make Baby Sandals. These give me more control over the outfit and also adds a super cute detail. These are extremely easy to make and can be done with just a thread and needle.

What you will need for this DIY
💙 Printed or colored elastic (you can find this at most craft stores but, this one is from Joann's Fabrics)
💙 Embellishment for the top. This is optional but I highly recommend it
💙 Tape Measure
💙 Scissors
💙 Needle
💙 Thread

First measure your baby's foot loosely. Place the top of the tape measure on the top of your baby's foot. Then, wrap it around their heel back to the front. Then cross over the starting point and go around the bottom of the baby's foot.


Then cut your elastic a quarter inch larger.

With the elastic, wrap it around your baby's foot in the same manner that you measured it. Holding the two edges in place slip it off your baby's foot. Then, using your thread and needle sew the 2 edges together. If you are not adding any embellishments you can stop here and you have your baby sandal.

But I like to add something to hide the raw edges and stitching. I found some cute ribbon and created a bow. I then sewed the bow in place so it was more secure and baby couldn't undo the bow.  To finish it off I attached the bow to the sandal. Now just repeat the process for your second sandal and you're done.

Come back on Monday to see one of the outfits these sandals match.

Don't forget to follow my blog by clicking the Follow button at the bottom. Also, you can follow me on Facebook @Veggiemomster and on Instagram @Theveggiemomster.

No comments:

Post a Comment