Friday, March 3, 2017

Fast Fun Friday - Food Sensory

So this sensory project is for moms that are not into a complex DIY, and don’t mind a little mess. My little one is still not interested in eating any food right now, but I want her to get used to different flavors and practicing swallowing different textures. Once or twice a week I grab a few pre-made stage one baby food options from the store. My little one will only eat a few bites and then she gets fussy, so I take the remaining food in the packet and let her play with it. 


This sensory play is a lot safer than allowing your little one to play with lotions or different baby products. This is because they are still able to suck on their hands or put their mouths on the surface they are playing on. Also, this is great for their fine motor skills because they will constantly try and pick up the liquid that will always escape their grasp.

What you will need to this sensory play is the following;
-One packet, jar or homemade baby food (I used Peachy Keen from Oh Baby Foods)
-A high chair or low chair with a tray (ours is the Mamas & Papas Infant Positioning Seat)
-Your baby






After feeding her a few bites of the food, I just squirt a small amount on her tray and watch her go. As she plays, I will add more until there is none left. 






Feel free to experiment with different types of food that come in different colors. You could start by squirting some peaches, pears or apples, then add some prunes so there are 2 different colors for your baby to mix together.

Clean up is even easier. What I do is just pick my baby up, fully clothed, and stick her in the tubby. This way there are no food stains and I don't have to lay her on anything to undress her. Once your baby is clean and dressed again I take her chair and tray and rinse them off in the tub. 

I hope this project helped and you had tons of fun playing with your little one. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions for sensory play or want to see more easy projects like this.

Please follow me on Facebook @Veggiemomster and on Instagram @Theveggiemomster

No comments:

Post a Comment