Thursday, March 2, 2017

Sensory Bottle

My 5 month old loves sensory fun and today we made a sensory bottle. I like the sensory bottles because unlike the bags because once they are made you can keep and store them easily. I see most moms use the Voss glass or plastic water bottle. But I wanted to make one that my 5 month old could hold on her own. So I went to Whole Foods in their fancy drink section. I picked here because there are so many different types of drinks in fun bottle I was bound to find something and I did. The Harmless Harvest Coconut Water, 8.75 Oz was perfect. The label came off easy without having to use anything like goo be gone. Also, the bottle has ridges so I though this might make it easier and more interesting for her to hold. I'm not usually a fan of coconut water but this brand was surprisingly delicious. If they don't sell this brand or style near you The have it for sale at jet.com.

So you can really use anything for a sensory bottle. Dry ones are nice for noise making and liquid ones are nice for slow or fast movement. For this one, I going to make a colorful liquid one.

Ingredients I used were;
1 Harmless Harvest Coconut Water Bottle with the label removed
About a 1/4 cup of  any clear hair gel  (I used the largest cheapest from RiteAid)
Water
Colorful Beads or buttons (Ones I already had from Joann's and Michael's Crafts)
1 Table Spoon of Green Glitter (Also from Michael's Crafts)
A funnel (Not 100% necessary but makes it easier to add the small beads, glitter, and water)
Super Glue



I started out with adding the hair gel first. This is because the hair gel will slow the movement of the beads. Then using the funnel I added the beads and glitter. The more glitter you add the cloudier the bottle will be. Also using the funnel I added about a 1/2 cup of water. I placed the cap on and shook up the bottle. This way I could see how slow the beads moved. From here I filled the rest of the bottle with water. *If you want you could skip the gel if you want the beads to move more.

Beads, Water and Gel



When I was satisfied with the color and bead movement I super glued the cap back on. I did this by adding the glue to the rim then screwing the cap back on as tight has I could. Obvious super glue dries pretty quickly but I did wait a few hours before rinsing the bottle off and giving it to the baby.



**Do not leave baby unattended with the sensory bottle in case cap comes off or the bottle cracks.

I hope this project helped and you had tons of fun playing with your little one. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions for sensory bottles or want to see more DIY projects like this.

Please follow me on Facebook @Veggiemomster and on Instagram @Theveggiemomster

No comments:

Post a Comment