Thursday, March 16, 2017

Mother's Room Upgrade!


I have been back to work for about 2 months now, and I pump 3 times a day for about 20 minutes. I am one of those lucky few that has a company that supports their breastfeeding journey. Recently I have found that not everyone is as lucky as me especially with the number of times I get to pump and the duration.

But I thought I might get a little bit more greedy with my Mother's Room situation. As I was pumping one day try out some of my suggestions I made on my 10 Things to do While Pumping blog entry, I noticed how bright the light was. I'm sure as most of you know the mother's room is usually a tiny room with a desk, chair, and fridge if that. But we also got an industrial sized fluorescent light. Oh yeah, that's relaxing. So I wanted to add a few things to our room to make the 3 times a day I visit it more pleasant, and not just for me for all the mothers. So here is a list of the things I think all mother's rooms should have. This way if something is forgotten or broken your day is not lost.

💜 Mood Light

💜 Breastpump Sanitize Wipes

💜 Breast Pads

💜 Snacks (Water, and Made Good Chocolate Chip Granola Bars)

💜 Nursing Tea

💜 Replacement Parts

💜 Milk Storage Bags (Lansinoh)

💜 Tissues (Puffs Plus Lotion)

💜 Notebook and Pen

💜 Baby Wipes (Whole Foods 365 Brand)

💜 Hand Sanitizer

💜 Paper Towels and All Purpose Cleaner or Disinfecting Wipes (Seventh Generation Brand)

💜 Steam Sanitize Bags

💜 Coloring Book and Crayons
Before  
After

After

I hope this inspires you all to upgrade your mother's room. Let me know what else you added to your mother's room.

Don't forget to follow my blog by clicking the Follow button at the bottom. Also, you can follow me on Facebook @Veggiemomster and on Instagram @Theveggiemomster.

No comments:

Post a Comment