Monday, March 13, 2017

Matching Outfits Monday (MOM) - Sunshine Daisies


Hi, everyone! It's Monday and you know what that means, Matching Outfits! So in this week's edition of MOM, I created something bright and festive. We are both wearing yellow dresses that I added a few embellishments too.

The great thing about creating a matching outfit based off of color, instead of a print, is the ease of matching them through customizing.

I found a yellow dress for both of us on amazon. My dress is a bit brighter than my LO’s but I wasn't too concerned. I knew by adding the matching embellishments and accessories, that it wouldn't matter too much. The yellow dress I found for myself is the same but in a different color as the first MOM edition. This was a great choice for me since I already knew my size.

So for the embellishments, I went to Joann’s fabric and found everything I was looking for. There was a large pink flower patch, a set of pink flower buttons, some ruffle elastic, and some already made ribbon flowers.

I added a patch and one set of flower buttons to each dress. Then I created some flower bracelets and baby sandals for my LO.

To make the bracelets I loosely measured my LO’s wrist. I then cut the ruffle elastic a quarter inch bigger than my measurement. I then sew the 2 raw edges of the elastic together. Then I sew the ribbon flower on top of the place where I had sewn the 2 raw edges together. I repeated this process again to make 2 bracelets.

For the sandals, I essentially followed the same process for the bracelets. I first measured around my baby's ankle crisscrossing on the top of her foot then meeting at the bottom, this created a figure 8. With the measurement, I cut the elastic a quarter inch larger. Then making a figure 8 with the elastic making sure the 2 raw edges met at the crisscross point, I sewed them together. After the 2 ends were secure, I sewed on the ribbon flower. I then repeated the process to make the second sandal. 

Altogether this is what we are both wearing for this look.
Mommy's Outfit
💛 White sandals - Mine are from last summer from Target. But any white sandal will do.
💛 Mushroom backpack - Mine is no longer available but I found a crossbody bag from the same seller HERE
Height: 5'5" Weight: 175lbs Bra Size: 38DD Waist: 37" Hips: 45"




Baby's Outfit
💛 Yellow Dress - 12-18 Months
💛 Yellow Bloomers - 6-18 Months (My LO is wearing the light yellow but I should have purchased the Yellow
💛 DIY Flower Bracelets
💛 DIY Flower Sandals
💛 Caterpillar Pacifier Clip
💛 White or Yellow Leg Warmers
Height: 26.5" Weight 17lbs Feet: 4.5"
I hope this edition of Matching Outfits Monday (MOM) brightened your day hope to see you all again this week. 

Don't Forget to follow my blog by clicking the Follow button at the bottom. Also, you can follow me on Facebook @Veggiemomster and on Instagram @Theveggiemomster.

No comments:

Post a Comment